Saturday, October 28, 2006

Me & U

Did you ever think Me & U would be as much of a success as it is?

I didn’t think so at all, it was a demo track! The way it went I just ran with it and really put the song out there to the next level.

I’ve heard some people call you a diva but do you think you are one?

[Crazy laughter] This has happened in Germany and Sweden as well, everyone wants to know if I’m a diva! Diva and bitch can be the same thing or diva can be Beyonce which is just amazing. Right now people wanna call me a bitch because that’s the trend right now. I’m definitely not a diva; I’m very independent and speak my mind which is why I’m sometimes misconstrued. I don’t demand tea or yell at people. People think it’s crazy when I walk out of the car alone, they’re like “wait, you need someone to walk with you!”

How did it make you feel when people were putting down your performances and spreading rumours about Me & U? Do you think people are treating you a bit too harshly?

I think to be on national television, even when there are only a hundred people in front of you, there are millions watching you from their homes. It’s a scary feeling and a lot of it had to do with not being prepared. The single had become so big and I wanted to be just as big as the single and not upset anybody, it was a lot of pressure. Everybody was really supportive and now the negative has helped me improve my performances.

Do you find it find to meet guys now that you’ve found success?

It can be hard but the thing is it would be too difficult to have a boyfriend right now. It’s hard to make somebody understand the situation. I’ve just got a new apartment and I haven’t been there more than two or three days at a time. Hopefully I’ll find my prince one day!

I hear you have some tattoos, what do they mean to you? Did they hurt when you got them done?

[Show me her tattoos] I have one on my wrist saying “No Regrets” which I got done after I signed my deal with Bad Boy, I have several others which I can’t show you as well! There’s also a dragon on my ankle which only hurt a bit but I guess I take pain pretty well.